It is not too uncommon to see people who take both full-time job and post-graduate programs. In general, college education can be quite expensive and they can’t afford to extend the education program. Here are things that students can do balance work and college.
- Be fully organized: It won’t be possible for people to keep themselves organized without making sure that they can achieve their goals. In this case students should make sure that they have chosen the best method. Important things should be written down in a planner. Files should be kept in the most obvious places. Smartphone is another tool for us to put reminders, work schedule, deadlines, assignments and tests. It is a good idea to make sure that everything important can’t be seen directly. It is particularly important if we need to juggle between multiple tasks.
- Manage stress: Mature students who have full time job often need to deal with stress in workplace and college. Stress can be overwhelming if it is caused by multiple reasons. In this case, stress could be considered an inevitable component of our lives and we should try to balance it. In general, we should look for ways to manage our stress level and it’s important for us to focus on specific things at a time. No one can succeed in doing all things at once. In this case, we should create daily, weekly and monthly goals, so we are better able to deal with stress. Daily exercise and healthy diet also provides some positive patterns in our lives, both are essential to eradicate stress. A few quick run could help us relax our mind and everyone will see that we are in a much better mood.
- Discuss our situation with our employers and professors: Because we need to juggle between work and college, it is quite likely that our professors and employers don’t understand our tight schedule. It is important to communicate our conditions with these two people and we should be able to better manage our hectic schedule. In general, we should try to communicate well with everyone involved.
- Don’t try to be a great multi-tasker: In general, it isn’t possible for us to do everything by ourselves. It is a good idea for us to create a support system that includes friends, family members, classmates and mentors. In general, family members and close friends should be available. They will try to help us if we can show them our willingness to work harder. A good support system should also allow us to talk about everything and we will be able to alleviate stress caused by work and school.
- Expect rewards: We should be aware that the degree is all worth it. It will allow us to get more opportunities and we should be able to achieve a much more meaningful career. We will be better able to support our family and it is easier to provide them with our financial support. Despite the stress that we are facing, we should be able to see the bright light at the end of the tunnel.