Providing support when selling products or services online and offline is a standard nowadays. Businesses that seek to satisfy their customers and avoid getting negative feedback set up help desks to address customer concerns. With the help of technology, these help desks can be made virtual or web-based. Businesses just have to invest in reliable help desk software.
Customer support can be conveniently provided through live chat or email but many businesses prefer to use tickets because of the clear document trail. It makes for an easy way to track communication with customers. Tickets enable a more organised way to handle customer concerns. However, the use of tickets is not enough to properly handle all issues. It’s important to get the right help desk software.
Good help desk Software typically comes with the following features:
- Powerful Ticket Management. This means having more than just the basic functions for handling support tickets. As much as possible, the software should come with automation features. From the logging of tickets to the management of issues, there needs to be an efficient way to queue and promptly deal with customers’ concerns. It also helps having the ability to flag certain tickets for urgency or prioritisation.
- Option for Self Service.Good help desk software preferably comes with a self-service interface or portal. Aside from serving as a point for filling out and submitting tickets, it should include the ability to track ticket history, engage in live chat, and access a comprehensive and truly useful knowledge base that may already have the answers a customer is looking for.
- Cross-Platform Support. Another important feature is being usable across platforms. Help desk software will be more useful if it can be used across a variety of devices and operating systems. It would be excellent if it can be accessed through mobile devices to be able to handle support tickets from anywhere.
- High Level of Security. Certainly, security is important for help desk software. Customers should be able to use the support ticket system with the assurance that the details and messages they submit are not accessed by third parties. If they submit their emails or contact details, they should feel reassured that they will not become targets of spammers. Additionally, they should be able to quickly change their passwords without the need to get admin approval.
- Analytics. Lastly, good help desk software should come with customer analytics. It should collect and compile useful data about customers (their behavior in particular) for analysis later on. This data analysis will be useful in improving customer service as well as the products or services being offered.
Investing in help desk software should be a carefully thought-out decision. All options should be meticulously scrutinised. The features and functions of the different options being considered should be compared. Customer service can be made good or even great with the right help desk software.