The gaming industry is quite erratic but foreseeing a trend more or less correctly can make a difference between hibernating and flourishing. Mobile industry has grown exponentially throughout the last few years, clogging down sales of handheld consoles and leaving its imprint in the console market too. The real-money online gambling has even shifted towards the mobile platform. Nowadays, most of the new games are released both for desktop and mobile platforms and there are some game developers who have even gone for the mobile-first approach. Gamers also seem to be showing more interest in mobile gaming since 2015.
Factors which will fuel the growth of online gaming market in 2017
- Brand new smartphones are flooding the market
Wide array of smartphones have flooded the markets of some of the more developed economies and as per research it is seen that their penetration rate is huge in the US, Europe, China and other Asian countries too. In the year 2016-2017, smartphone makers will target the new emerging markets and the densely populated ones like Brazil and India.
- Mergers and acquisitions within the industry
The company who was the brainchild of the immensely successful Saga game series, King.com was acquired by Triple A gaming giant company Activision Blizzard for $5.9 billion earlier in 2016. Activision has broken into the mobile gaming market and they have estimated to be worth $30 billion in the year 2015. This kind of combinations of the market will carry on in 2016 with small game developers joining hands with bigger entertainment companies to stay afloat in the industry.
- Conventional gaming brands are going global
One of the most thrilling games of last year, Fallout4 was a sequel to a previous game and these are all going global with time. With the big brands going global, online gaming is getting even more popular.
Shocking facts on the online gaming industry
Let’s take a look at some remote and online gaming statistics that will change the way in which you think of this marketplace.
- The size of online gaming market has trebled since 2005: The projected size of the gaming industry will reach $52.5 billion by the end of 2016 and you will be shocked if you compare this figure with what it was in 2005. It represents a three-fold increase within 10 years.
- 54% of online gamers are female: Gambling has always been famous both among women and men. With the invention of online free slots, it has been noticed that 54% of the online gamers are female.
- 60% of social gamers are above 40 years old: Players of social gamers are people who are more than 40 years of age. They’re more likely to be college-educated and their potential for in-depth analyzation of the games.
Therefore, now that you know what drives the online gaming industry, make a firm decision about which way to choose. Would you love to travel to live casinos or sit in your living room in your favorite pajamas and play it online?