UPCPMT is a state level medical entrance examination conducted by Uttar Pradesh State Government for admission into various medical courses in medical colleges located in U.P. The examination will be conducted under the administration of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University. By the means of Uttar Pradesh Common Pre Medical Test, admission is offered to 2123 seats of 31 participating medical courses, the seat distribution amongst the courses are as follow:
- MBBS : 1372
- BDS : 51
- BHMS : 300
- BAMS : 320
- BUMS : 80
Candidates appearing in the UPCPMT examination can get admission in Medical, Ayurvedic, Unani, Homeopathic, Dental Colleges located within the state of Uttar Pradesh. In this article we will update our readers about e of the details related to the UPCPMT examination:
Eligibility: The eligibility needs to appear in the examination are as follow:
- Domicile: The application will be accepted from candidates who are domiciled residents of Uttar Pradesh.
- Age: The candidates should be born on or before December 31, 1998.
- Educational Qualification: The candidates should have cleared class 12 examinations with Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology.
- BAMS candidates are required to have cleared science stream examination from Sampurnanand Sanskrit University, Varanasi.
- BUMS candidates are required to have studied Urdu in 10th standard.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates are required to have scored at least 50% marks in Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English.
- For handicapped students minimum qualifying marks are 45 percent.
- For candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes minimum qualifying marks are 40%.
- Application Process: The applications for the Uttar Pradesh Common Pre-Medical Test will be online and the candidates can make application on the official website. To begin with the application process, candidates should register using their mobile number. Once the registration has been done, candidates can complete the online application form and upload required documents on the website.
- Application Fee: The application fee application fees is inclusive of counselling fee of Rs. 50 and the candidates from General & OBC category should pay Rs. 1400 as application fee while SC/ST candidates are required to pay Rs. 700.
- Exam Pattern: The students appearing in the examination are required to answer 200 MCQ type questions in 3 hours. The question paper will be available in Hindi and English and there will be no negative marking.
- The question paper will have 50 questions from each Zoology, Botany, Chemistry and Physics.
- Syllabus: The level of exam is same as of class 11 & 12 and thus the syllabus is the same as prescribed for class 11 & 12.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks in Test: The student should score at least 50% marks in common Pre-Medical Test. The criterion of minimum qualifying marks for handicapped student is 45% and for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe, Scheduled Caste and Other Backward Class the criteria is 40%.
For more information related to UPCPMT and other similar examination, visit www.MotaChashma.com.